Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

We had a whole chicken ready to cook, so I baked it today and used it to make pot pie.  I used a recipe that Mom usually uses, and it gets really good.  Cut up carrots, celery, and potatoes.  Cooked them and mixed in milk, the cooked chicken, and green beans, since we didn't have any frozen peas.  I made some sort of biscuit mixture and poured it over the top, and baked it for about half an hour.

I also made a Pineapple Carrot Jello Salad.  I was looking though one of Mom's old cookbooks and saw it.  She said her mom used to make it back in the day.  I vaguely remember having it a long time ago.

The pot pie turned out runny.  It was good, had a really good flavor, but was runny.  I think I know what happened.  I didn't thicken the milk and flour mixture before putting it in the baking dish.  Bummer.  It was still good though.  Just sort of like pot pie soup.  Next time it will be better.

The jello salad was good.  It was a bit runny too because I didn't make it ahead of time enough so it didn't get time to set up fully in the mold.  Oh well, next time it will be better too.

Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Pineapple Carrot Jello Salad with Cottage Cheese in the center
Currently Listening
 Sink/Swim
by A Cadence of Sorts

No comments:

Post a Comment