Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Carrot Cake

I made carrot cake yesterday at work.  Used the tried and true recipe that I got from Grandma Schrock.  I believe it is the same recipe that she used when they had a bakery back in the day.  It makes for very good cake.  The cream cheese icing makes the cake delightful.  We didn't have any cream cheese at work, so I improvised and used Mascarpone cheese.  Chopped some walnuts in the food processor and made a Mascarpone/Walnut icing.  Used a real vanilla bean and not that cheap vanilla extract.  That made it wonderful.  I could almost just eat the icing until I got sick.  I think I like this version of the icing better than the original cream cheese version.  It seems lighter.  Not all that heavy cream cheese in it.  I tasted a bit of the cake tonight.  It turned out great.  The cake is moist like it should be.  The icing makes it just delightful.  Hey, I have an idea.  You go get some.  Black Bear Bistro & Cellar. 32/34 Main Street, Warrenton, VA 20186.


Currently Listening
We Will Overcome
by Close Your Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment