Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beef Stew

Mom had two steaks thawing in the fridge, so I used them tonight to make Beef Stew.  Love me some beef stew.  It calls for lots of carrots, celery, tomato juice, and chopped beef.  The thickening is a bit different than others.  It calls for quick-cooking tapioca instead of cornstarch or flour.  Made some mashed potatoes to put the stew over top of.  It was good.  However, after making it tonight, I think I have to change the recipe a little bit.  It was sort of too thick and burned the pot.  I had to add water to make it thinner, and it still burned the pot.  So now I will cook the veg and meat in the tomato juice until it is ready, then add the tapioca to thicken it.  That way the tapioca doesn't thicken it right away and make me burn the pot.  That would be a good thing.


Currently Listening
Some Hearts
by Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment