Friday, January 14, 2011

Restaurant review: Tandoori Village - Manassas, VA

I want to start eating out more.  I want to eat at little places though, not big places, if you know what I mean.  Support the little man, not the big chain restaurant.

Today for lunch I went with my friend, and pastor, Ivan Schrock, to eat at Tandoori Village Restaurant in Manassas.  It is a small North Indian cuisine place.  We both got the lunch buffet.  Nice place.  Good food.  The chicken curry was good and spicy.  I don't usually like curry, but I now believe I like Indian curry.  They served us a big thing of fried bread, which was yum.  There was some sort of spinach and potato dish.  It look weird, but tasted fantastic.  The rice pudding was quite good, too.

I would go there again.  Nice place.  I didn't take any pictures but you can check out their website.

Currently Listening
We All Feel The Same
by This The Rescue

2 comments:

  1. Tandoori Village! I love that place. I haven't been in months. I actually prefer their non-buffet meals, even though they're more expensive. My favorite is a chicken dish in a tomato and butter based sauce - it's really delicious, but I can't remember what it's called. If you go back, you should also try some of their teas. Their Punjabi Chai is great, it tastes a lot like the rice pudding, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go back sometime for dinner. We saw the lady setting up for the dinner service when we were about to leave. Looks like it would be great. Food from the buffet was good so I can imagine ordering from the menu would be even better.

    ReplyDelete