Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pizza

I made pizza for dinner tonight.  First time I ever made pizza all by myself.  I made the dough from scratch.  That alone is a major feat because I am not good at working with bread.  It actually wasn't as bad as I though it would be.  Pretty easy actually.  At Janina's request I made a chicken and ranch pizza.  I also made a supreme pizza I guess you could call it.  It had pizza sauce, sausage, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, and cheese.  I think they turned out very well for it being the first time I ever made pizza with no help.  There could have been more ranch dressing on the chicken and ranch pizza.  Oh well.  First time making that kind so I didn't know how much to put on.  If we ever make it again we will use more ranch dressing and add some veggies.

I now want to make Chicago-style pizza, aka deep-dish pizza.

Dough in the pans.
Ready for the oven.
Supreme pizza
Chicken and Ranch pizza. The cheese was a bit brown, but still good.

Currently Listening
Found Among the Broken
by John Ball

5 comments:

  1. Hello, it's my first time leave the comment on your blog

    I think your pizza looks really great :)! (I am going to try to make it when I have time!)

    wow, that must be nice graduating with a degree of culinary art! I always have a passion for food ^_^ and also cooking and baking~

    Did you also learn baking in Stratford University?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took 2 baking classes at Stratford. It was required for my degree.
    They offer a degree in baking but I didn't go for that. Baking isn't really my thing, although I can somewhat bake. Cooking is more my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh......
    so you're going to be a chef in the future

    what kind of food do you mostly cook, anything specific?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a line chef now at the Black Bear Bistro in Warrenton, VA. www.blackbearbistro.com

    I cook lots of different stuff at home. Love to make lasagna. It's my favorite food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that Bistro looks really good!!!
    I'd like to give it a try...but it's only in Virginia...
    Working in a restaurant must have lots of fun :)

    lasagna is good!

    ReplyDelete