Monday, January 31, 2011

Restaurant review: Siam Classic - Manassas, VA

Friday evening I went with my brother, sister, her boyfriend, and his brother to Siam Classic.  I have been wanting to try it out for a while.  So when Jon and Josh came down from New York to visit Janina we decided to go.  It is a pretty small place in Old Town Manassas.  We got there and the restaurant was about half filled with people.  The kitchen was rolling out the food.  It seems like they do a lot of carry-out.  We were there about an hour and a half and people were coming in left and right to pick up their food to go.

On to what matters...the food.  I got an appetizer, Fried Tofu.  I never had tofu before and wanted to try it.  It was pretty good.  The dipping sauce that came with it made it rather good.  Eaten just by itself was a tad weird.  For an entree I got Flaming Quail.  I don't really know how to explain what it was.  It was good though.  There were some quail eggs in it.  Yum!  The flaming came from some sort of alcohol they poured over it and ignited right before serving it.  Cool presentation.

Austin got the House Seafood.  It looked great.  He said it was awesome.  The rest of them got duck.  Duck is amazing.  I was thinking about getting some sort of duck before deciding on the quail.

For dessert I got the Fried Bananas and Ice Cream.  Two pieces of banana wrapped in some sort of dough and fried.  I forget what the dough was.   Served with a scoop of coconut ice cream.  Yum, yum!  The rest of them got Fruit Cheesecake.  It snuck a taste from Jon.  It was very good!

Again, as in my other restaurant review, I did not take any pictures.  I don't want to be that foodie guy who snaps picture after picture of the food in a restaurant.  I think that is not cool.  Check out their website: http://www.siam-classic.com/.  Nice place.  I want to go again some time for lunch and during the week when they are maybe not so busy.

Currently Listening
My Hands, My Greedy Hands
by Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment