Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Honey-Mustard Roasted Chicken

Mom had a pack of chicken quarters thawing the fridge.  I was thinking about making oven roasted barbecue chicken with it, but didn't like the recipe that Mom had.  The BBQ sauce was too simple.  I thought about getting my BBQ recipe that I have from school, but then she mentioned Honey-Mustard Chicken.  That sounded wonderful.  I had to make it.  So I made a sauce with butter, honey, mustard, and a bit of curry powder and salt.  Cleaned the chicken quarters and poured the sauce over it.  Roasted it in the oven for about 1 1/4 hours.  I also made mashed potatoes and sauteed, actually steamed, yellow squash and zucchini.  It was quite good.  The honey-mustard sauce was great with the mashed potatoes.  I think this is good enough to make at the Bistro one day.


Currently Listening
Army of Love
by Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment