Sunday, August 22, 2010

Carrot Cake

I don't like baking.  It's too complicated.  Especially baking cakes.  You have to be very precise with the ingredients and then you can't mix the cake too much or it will flop.  However, I do bake at times.  Sometimes things turn out good; sometimes not so much.  Friday I made a carrot cake.  The last time I made a carrot cake, a while back when I was still in school, it turned out too heavy.  My friend jokingly called it "carrot steak."  The recipe I used the other day called for carrots plus crushed pineapple and coconut.  So I whipped the batter together, put it in a greased and floured dish, and baked it.  After about an hour or so it was done.  I made the glaze that the recipe said to put on it and poured it over top.  It was a lot of glaze, but I was like, hey, it's what the recipe said so I will put it all on.  The glaze all soaked in after a while.  The next day we tasted it and it was like soggy, soggy.  Too much glaze.  Too much vegetable too, probably.  I will never make that recipe again.  Carrot Cake Supreme, hahaha!  More like Soggy Carrot Cake.  So the next time I try to make a carrot cake I will use the trusted recipe that comes from my grandma.  Hey, I have today off so I make make it today.


Currently Listening
Jonah33
by Jonah33

No comments:

Post a Comment