Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Spicy Pickled Red Beet Eggs / Deviled Eggs

The other day I pickled some eggs.  I pickled them in red beet juice with some vinegar, sugar, and ground hot peppers.  So they were spicy pickled red beet eggs.  They turned a nice pink color after 2 days.  Then last night I made deviled eggs with them.  I mixed the yolk with mayonnaise, lemon pepper, Herbamare, and Italian seasonings.  They were good.  Even my two sisters loved them, and they were saying that they don't like deviled eggs. I don't mean to brag but I think they were the best deviled eggs that I ever ate.  Now my next mission is to make regular hard boiled eggs and devil them.  I want to find out if the pickling made them extraordinarily good, or if it was the filling that I made on the fly.

The pickled eggs with the red beets
The scrumptious deviled eggs
Currently Listening
Finish What You Start
by Woodale

No comments:

Post a Comment