Monday, September 20, 2010

Beef Enchiladas

I love enchiladas.  So yummy.  I made beef enchiladas tonight for dinner.  I was going to make Crock-Pot Enchiladas but didn't have time to let them slow cook, so I cooked them in the oven instead.  I didn't have enough flour tortillas so I used some corn tortillas as well.  It would have been tricky to try and roll up the small corn tortillas so instead I just put everything in a baking dish and cooked them, then scooped them out with a spoon.  Mom made rice.  I made a salad and Janina made croutons for it.  She didn't make them the right way though.  Now croutons are supposed to be small, cubed, crispy pieces of bread.  Janina likes her croutons soft.  She loads them with butter and Ranch seasonings and then bakes them for a short amount of time.  They taste okay, because of all the butter, but they are not crispy like croutons should be.  The problem is, when you let them sit overnight they become stale.  Then they are horrible.  Anyway, that was my rant on soggy croutons.  Time for pictures.

The salad, minus croutons.  I let people put croutons on their own salad if they wanted them.
The enchiladas
The plate of food

Currently Listening
Happy Birthday Denison (It's my party. I can sing if I want to.)
by Denison Witmer

No comments:

Post a Comment