Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Brunswick Stew

I've been wanting to make Brunswick Stew for a while, so today I finally made it.  I started cooking the chicken and beef around 12:00.  Then while it was cooking I went to Manassas in search of the new Norma Jean CD.  Of course the only two stores that would probably have it, Best Buy and Hot Topic, did not have it.  What is with Manassas?  Then I got a haircut.  When I got home the meat was nice and tender.

I shredded the meat and added the other ingredients to the meat and stock and let it simmer for about an hour and a half.  After that I added the beans, potatoes and such and let it simmer until we were ready to eat.  I also made Mexican cornbread.  Only thing is I think the recipe I used was not good.  It said to use one onion and three bell peppers chopped up in the cornbread.  So I did what the recipe said.  Turns out that it is not a good idea to use all that veg because it makes the cornbread mushy.  It had a really good flavor, but was a bit too moist from all that veg.  Next time I make that I will use only once onion and one bell pepper.  The stew turned out really good though.

Since this is my blog, I think I will bring back something that I have missed since the days of Xanga and Myspace.  Haha!  What happened to Xanga?  Anyway the thing I'm bringing back is...

Currently Listening
Armistice
by MUTEMATH



No comments:

Post a Comment